Sunday, October 02, 2005

Tlacotlapan, Ver, MX Oct.1, 2005 3,857 raptors counted

Greeetings All:
Observation Oct.1, 2005
Tlacotalpan, Veracruz
Mostly clear blue skies, high temp. 35C , light breeze from the NNE
I only observed from 11:00 am til 14:30
The combination of clear blue skies and very high flying Broad-winged hawks made viewing a real challenge.
Hawks were coming in fast and HIGH (without a binocular you would never even pick them up)
Report:
Broad-winged hawks....................3,830
Turkey vultures......................
...........9
Osprey...........................................11
Peregrine falcon................................2
American kestrel...............................1
Sharp-shinned hawk..........................2
Cooper´s hawk..................................1
Merlin...............................................1

TOTAL........................................3,857

I am sure that I missed more than I counted today....the sun and heat took its toll on me today....I´ll get some needed rest and be back at it tomorrow.

No comments: