Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Video of Great Black hawk and Aplomado falcon


On April 10, I went out digiscoping in the morning and was able to capture some photos and a couple of short video clips. The first raptor is the Great Black Hawk - Buteo urubitinga ridgwayi. The photos and short video clip were taken with my Nikon Coolpix P1 handheld to my Nikon Fieldscope II 82mm with 30X wide angle eyepiece and Slik tripod. (Digiscoping)




The second raptor that I was able to photograph was the Aplomado falcon - Falco femoralis
I love Aplomado falcons! This is like the coolest raptor that I have ever observed! I came upon this female Aplomado falcon that had just caught a field mouse.
(the photo is a bit blurry but you can make out the the furry shape of the mouse in the Aplomados´s talons.) The video shows the Aplomado cleaning its bill.

No comments: