Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Gearing up for the spring hawkwatch 2012 in Veracruz Mexico

I have been putting the finishing touches on my spring 2012 Hawkwatch tours here in Veracruz. I have selected  4 locations. Tour dates are April 6-14 April 16-24.   Yesterday I was up on the ranch and I observed territorial behavior with one of the Aplomado falcons (it chased away a Caracara on the neighboring property) I think that the pair have a nest started already!  I will check it out later this week.
I am inviting birders/hawkwatchers everywhere to come down and experience the spring raptor migrations.
for more info contact me David McCauley  hawkwatch@gmail.com 
Cerro de las Borrachas, Cerro Azul, Veracruz

1,060 feet above sea level and great panoramic views for the hawkwatch.

Zone-tailed hawk

No comments: