Sunday, October 16, 2005

After more rain in the morning the sun finally came out and I headed to San José Papaloapan to observe.
I was able to observe for 0ne hour (13:00-14:00) When I arrived I saw Swainson´s hawks and Turkey vultures just beginning to come up and form "kettles" All movements were slow
Here´s my count for the hour:
Swainson´s hawk...................467
Turkey Vulture......................233
Broad-winged hawk.................56
Sharp-shinned hawk..................3
Osprey..........................................1
American Kestrel........................1
Total............................................761
**Note that after one hour of observation the rain started in again. I stayed around for another hour looking for a break and then headed back to Tlacotalpan.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

No comments: