Monday, October 03, 2005

Trouble on the horizon? ...Tropical storm Stan headed our way.......
I observed for about an hour in the morning today,
Osprey........4
Peregrine falcon........3
Amercian kestrels......2 (flapping like hell to get out of here.....LOL)
25 30 MPH winds from the NNW with intermitent showers.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I have been watching this moisture build up for the past two days......now we have a tropical storm "Stan" and it is moving to the west at about 10 mph it could reach us by Tues pm or early Wed.. as of this moment flooding will be the big concern. Looks like my hawk watch observations will be put on hold for a couple of days, as I make some preparations.........I am taking this one seriously. According to my GPS, here in Tlacotalpan, we are 26 ft. above sea level, and located on the banks of the Papaloapan river. The surrounding area is a vast expanse of tropical lowlands/wetlands........the ground is already super staturated because of the rainy season, I am hoping for the best. Here is a link to a Google satellite image of Tlacotalpan LINK it gives you and idea of the surrounding wetlands.....

Any one with comments or advice?
hawkwatch@gmail.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

No comments: